We have one place left in the 2021 Virtual London Marathon. If you would like to raise money to help support survivors of sexual violence in Devon and Torbay we'd love to hear from you! We are looking for a runner who:
- would like the challenge of training for and running 26.2 miles on Sunday October 3rd in Devon
- is able to raise a minimum of £350 for our organisation
- is comfortable with fundraising - we don't have a fundraising support team here, but can help you set up an online fundraising page to get you started.
Please contact us at email@example.com with your name, where you plan to run, details of any previous fundraising you've done and a short summary of why you would like to raise money for us.
Please get in touch before the end of April. We look forward to hearing from you!
Raising money for us
If you are reading this then you are thinking about raising money for us - and we are incredibly grateful that you have chosen us. Our priority as a service always has to be the support of people who have experienced sexual violence which is why we don't do heaps of fundraising ourselves.
We think it is useful to both provide you with some information you can use in your fundraising and also share with you some of the things we've learned over the years.
Information About DRCSAS
This is what you can use for press releases or publicity material.
Devon Rape Crisis and Sexual Abuse Services (DRCSAS) is a free service offering confidential support and advocacy for survivors of rape, sexual assault, childhood sexual abuse, sexual harassment, female genital mutilation or any form of sexual violence. Our services include;
• Telephone helpline
• Email support
• Direct specialist support
• Group support
• Practical support
DRCSAS also aims to campaign and raise awareness about sexual violence. We do this through working with statutory and voluntary agencies in Devon and through facilitating spaces for survivors’ voices to be heard.
Items You Could Specifically Raise Money For
• Cost of a 10 week group work programme which supports 10 women - £1,500
• Cost of training one volunteer - £1,000
• Cost of supporting one volunteer per year (training, expenses, supervision) - £500
• Cost of re-printing 1000 leaflets - £300
• Cost of buying 4 books for our library - £100
If there is something in particular you'd like to fundraise for, please let us know.
How To Donate Once You've Raised Money
Full details on the various ways you can donate to DRCSAS can be found on our donation page.
• You can raise money for us online on either Givey or Justgiving.
Givey adds its charges onto each donation, whereas Justgiving takes its charges off donations. We are happy for you to use either platform.
• We are happy to offer some support with setting up a fundraising page. However we are a small team and our priority is supporting survivors, so we cannot offer ongoing support to fundraisers throughout their challenge. Please make sure you have plenty of support from friends and family before you start a fundraising challenge so you don't end up exhausted!
• If you are not using one of the online platforms but would like to raise money through an in-person event, please make it clear you are fundraising in order to donate to us rather than on behalf of us. This is because we have some hefty legal responsibilities as a registered charity and can only hold those for people who are a part of the organisation.
• When your fundraising is successful and you make a donation to us - we always provide an official letter of thanks which specifies how much you have raised. You can use this letter on your social media sites.
• We are also very happy to welcome fundraisers to meet us at the office for personal thanks (and photos if this works for you).
• If you get press coverage for your fundraising we are very happy to be contacted for a quote.
Thank you for supporting our organisation
Raising money helps us to support survivors of sexual violence in Devon and we truly appreciate every donation we receive.
My worker was there to genuinely listen and had great understanding.
Offering me a place to talk and work through things that I feel are holding me back from a happier, healthier life.
Everything about the service has been amazing. Thank you so much, you really helped me. Best counselling support I have ever got for any issue.
I can sleep without fear (can't remember the last time I was too scared to sleep for nightmares, doesn't happen anymore!) - I have ways to manage my intrusive thoughts and I feel much less afraid.
I have learnt how to manage my anger and anxiety.
Compared to when I first started sessions my mind set has changed and I am able to cope on my own.