Devon Rape Crisis & Sexual Abuse Services are pleased to offer specialist training to a wide range of professionals, statutory and voluntary sector workers as well as counsellors, therapists and front line practitioners.
All of the training is informed by our good working practice and many years experience providing specialist sexual violence services.
All of our trainers are professionally qualified and use a variety of training methods including small and large group activities and case study work. We are fully inclusive and activelyencourage a safe training environment for questions and discussion. Your feedback and evaluation is welcomed and used to shape our practice and future training events. Handouts and information plus other supporting material will be provided. For all training that is not accredited, a certificate of attendance will be issued to delegates for CPD purposes.
Specialist Training packages include:
- Understanding and Working with Sexual Violence
- Dealing with Disclosures > 14 September 2017
- Understanding Mental Health Medications - A Training Event For Counsellors, Therapists & Practitioners > 11 October 2017
- Ending Violence Against Sex Workers; Delivering Non-Judgemental And Effective Support Services > 22 November 2017
Presentations and Workshops:
- Taking Stock – Taking Action at TUC Women’s Conference
- Sexual Abuse and Violence at Union South West Conference
Feedback from attendees:
'It’s actually got me more interested in the topic. Certainly a training course I would recommend.'
'The mix of professionals in the room was very valuable in facilitating conversation and understanding the challenges across professions.'
'The speaker was very articulate and knowledgeable and handled the topic with a level of sensitivity and humour that was both rare and refreshing.'
We are able to build bespoke training packages for organisations in order to meet your training needs. The training packages provided range from a full day of themed specialist topics or a 30 minute slot at your next Team Meeting discussing the services and support we offer in Devon.
Bespoke Training arranged in partnership with guest speakers:
- Sex and Intimacy after Sexual Abuse with Dr Nina Burrowes
- Counselling, Record-keeping & Pre-trial Therapy with Peter Jenkins
- Sexual Abuse – Everything you wanted to know with Dr Nina Burrowes
Feedback from attendees:
'Very good. It covered a lot, all done in an easy but serious manner.'
'Excellent balance of subject knowledge. Interesting range of participants. Well publicised.'
'Feeling confident now that I will be able to hold whatever my clients bring into the room.'