Have you heard of the elections for Police and Crime Commissioners? Many people haven't, but the new Police & Crime Commissioners will have a huge influence in deciding future funding for rape, domestic and sexual abuse services, alongside a wide range of other services. If you care about protecting local services, including your local Rape Crisis centre, we ask that you look at the candidates in your area and vote in the Police & Crime Commissioner election on Thursday 15th November 2012.
It takes just three simple steps:
1. Make sure you're registered to vote with your local council.
2. Find out what they're saying about the issues that matter to you - candidates in Devon and Cornwall are:
- Nicky Williams - Labour
- Tony Hogg - Conservative
- Brian Blake - Liberal Democrat
- Brian Greenslade - Independent
- Graham Calderwood - Independent
- Ivan Jordan - Independent
- John Smith - Independent
- Tam Macpherson - Independent
- William Morris - Independent
- Bob Smith - UKIP
3. On Thursday 15th November 2012 go out and vote!
Finally, tell people about the elections - not everyone is aware how much influence the Police & Crime Commissioners will have or even know that the elections are happening at all, so spread the word!
Please click on the link below to read more about the candidates: